Yemen Hunger Crisis
As violence in Yemen nears its fourth year, the country is facing the world's worst humanitarian crisis. More than 14 million people are facing starvation and an estimated 85,000 children may have died from extreme hunger since the start of the conflict.
WE ARE THERE
We have been working in Yemen throughout the conflict to provide vital support to malnourished children and their parents.
Despite access restrictions, in 2018, our team:
- Worked in 60 health facilities to treat acute malnutrition in almost 31,000 people
- Provided essential medical treatment to over 530,000
- Ensured that almost 335,000 people had access to safe water
- Promoted good hygiene practices
- Ran a diarrhoea treatment facility in Hodeidah
- Helped families displaced from their homes due to combat
While mothers, fathers and grandparents in Yemen are facing life or death choices every day, here in the UK we can make the choice to support those facing catastrophe.
We are reaching hundreds of thousands of people with lifelines in this urgent, life-threatening humanitarian emergency, but hundreds of thousands more people need our help before it is too late. There is some hope, with a ceasefire in the vital port of Hodeida largely holding and flows of vital food and medicine imports opening up, but most Yemeni people do not feel this hope as they continue to teeter on the brink of famine.
Please give the people of Yemen hope.
* I confirm I am a UK taxpayer and I understand that if I pay less income and / or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in the relevant tax year, it is my reponsibility to pay any difference. The Gift Aid claimed will be used to help fund the whole of Action Against Hunger's work. I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I have given.
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we've led the global fight against hunger thanks to supporters like you. We'd like to keep you updated about our life-saving work and how your support is helping us work towards our vision of a world free from hunger. We'd like to contact you in the future with news and updates, our vital appeals and ways you can get involved.
Please let us know if you're happy to be contacted: